Welcome Accessible Learning
This site is currently being revised but resources are still available.
Accessible Learning Services staff at Acadia University is committed to providing a supportive, inclusive, and welcoming on-campus environment for all students, staff, and faculty. Our main goal is to facilitate access supports and resources that will maximize opportunities to a successful and meaningful experience at Acadia University.
To help promote accessible learning on campus, we:
- Help students develop individualized support plans to address classroom accommodation concerns.
- Help students with disabilities access expert support services.
- Organize workshops for faculty, staff, and community members to promote awareness about disability and accommodation.
- Work with faculty to develop, and implement reasonable student-centred classroom policies that promote equality, and inclusivity in the classroom.
- Organize workshops that contribute to student, faculty, and staff academic, and personal skills development.
- Organize workshops for students that highlight strategies for coping with transition from high school to university, and from university to the workforce.
- Administer the academic early alert,and peer mentoring programs to increase first-year student retention.